A country with a 5000 year long history, China fascinates. Trying to understand the contemporary Chinese society requires looking at what influence its culture over centuries: Education, philosophy, food are all clues helping to decipher the Chinese psyche. What are the reflections of Chinese culture in daily life and how it evolved with economic development and lifestyle changes? How the culture differentiates itself in various regions and what are the reasons behind?
Philosophy has always played a crucial role in China, shaping and determining at times the course of history, while being an integral and colorful part of daily Chinese life in the past and the present. Rooted in the Spring and Autumn period and Warring States period, Confucianism, Legalism, and Daoism have integrated concepts from Western during thousands years of development to meet the needs of people have been and are searching for.
Take one of SHANGHAI FLANEUR walks to learn about the important aspects of Chinese culture and philosophy.
Join our experts on a journey into Chinese culture!
- Former Religions, Modern Beliefs: Today’s Religious Landscape in China, with Scholar and Author Dr. Ines Eben von Racknitz
- ´China Culinary´ – Tracing Shanghai History and Political Path through Food, with Professor and Writer Dr. Marcus Hernig
- ´Lao Cheng Xiang´ The Origin of Shanghai, with PhD candidate History & Theory Mickey Xu
- A Stroll Down China´s Revolutionary Road, with Chinese History and Culture Dr. Andrew Field
- Fairyland in the Heart of the Former French Concession, with French consultant, History and Art Lover Nicolas Grevot
- And More!